Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)
Students enrolled at Georgetown University must submit TAP applications by due dates referenced in the chart below. Applications for children at outside schools are accepted on a rolling basis. If you are planning to apply for TAP benefits, please review these important reminders and deadlines:
- An application in GU360 is required for every semester in which you intend to utilize TAP benefits for yourself or your eligible dependent. All required supporting documentation must be uploaded directly into the TAP application (emails are no longer accepted).
- Employee TAP benefits cover 90% of tuition costs (no fees). Benefits cover up to six credit hours per semester* for classes taken at Georgetown University. For degree programs that require more than six (6) credit hours in a given semester, as specified by the program’s official curriculum structure, the University may grant an exception to this limitation.
- We receive and process a high volume of TAP applications and review them in the order received. Tuition benefit payments for non-Georgetown institutions can take up to six weeks to be disbursed by Georgetown and received by your school. We cannot guarantee receipt of the TAP benefit payment by a specific due date and TAP benefits do not cover late fees.
- TAP benefits for graduate-level courses are automatically taxable to you. Please refer to our Tuition Tax Facts for further details. Requests received after the required submission date will be reviewed in the order received, however the determination will likely be communicated after the start of the semester.
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
TAP Application and Document Deadlines
|Enrollment Type||Submission Deadlines |
Spring semester: January 1
Summer semester: June 1
Fall semester: August 1
|Georgetown University degree enrollment |
(eligible employees & children)
|Required documentation for initial TAP application:|
– Acceptance Letter
– Birth Certificate copy (child)
No documents required for repeat recipients.
|If application rec’d by above submission deadline, TAP credited in MyAccess by GU payment due date|
|Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies (SCS) and other GU Non-credit Certificate Programs|
(eligible employees only)
|Any screenshot. No acceptance or invoice available until TAP is disbursed.|
Rolling registration year-round
|Rolling – processed every Thursday|
(children and eligible legacy employees)
– Itemized Tuition Statement
For initial TAP application for children:
– Birth Certificate copy
– Acceptance Letter copy
Rolling – submit as soon as you receive your tuition statement
|Rolling – payment sent to outside schools year-round, in the order request is received|