No CareFirst card?
There's an app for that! You don't need a physical ID card to seek services. Use the mobile app to get your meber information on the go, or log in to the My Account section of CareFirst.com to print a verification of coverage. Don't know your member ID? That's okay too! You can register with My Account using your social security number, or call Member Services at 877-691-5856 to get it.
Now Accepting Tuition Asssitance Applications
The new TAP Online Application system is now online! Click here to apply for your benefits. Please note you will now be required to provide both your employee GUID number and the student ID number of the student. Click here to see what's changed. Need a refresher on the basics? Learn more about the Tuition Assistance Program here.
Hiring in 2014?
You should know that, effective January 1, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and supplemental life insurance benefits for those hired into a benefits-eligible position will take effect on the first of the month following - or coinciding with - their date of hire or eligibility date. This change is for the electable benefits only (the benefits you sign up for in GMS when you first become eligible or during open enrollment). Basic life insurance, basic AD&D, short term disability, long term disability, and retirement will remain effective on date of hire eligibility.
2014 Benefit Resources
- 2014 Interactive Benefits Guide
- 2014 Insurance Premiums
- New medical plan option: CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage CDHP with HSA
- Plan Comparison Charts (medical, dental, vision)
- Fall 2013 Benefits Newsletter
Contact the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits at:
New Employees should attend a Benefits Orienation session prior to making benefits selections in GMS. Orientations are held every Tuesday at 9 am on the Ground Floor of Healy Hall. Visit the New Employees section of our website for more information and to register.
The Aetna Open Choice PPO medical plan will no longer be offered in 2014. For more information, click here.
- Health Advcoate Member Newsletter
- 403 (b) Participant Disclosure Notice (Updated July 2013)
- GUAdvantage Featured Discounts
- Upcoming One-on-One Retirement Planning Consultations
- 2013-14 Holiday Calendar
- GUWellness Blog
Our Commitment to You: Choice, Access, Service
The Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits (OFSB) is a service-oriented team that provides the global Georgetown community and their families with benefits. We uphold the mission of Georgetown University by promoting a productive workforce, offering varied benefits choices, easy access to information, and excellent service in order to meet the individual needs of our community. By doing this, we believe in serving the whole person.
We will strive to:
- Maintain, create and enhance benefit plans that serve our community
- Empower staff and faculty by seeking their input and honoring their needs
- Deliver our programs with the highest level of service, fiscal responsibility and compliance using best practices
- Educate our community about how to maximize benefits
- Provide benefits that deliver physical, mental and financial wellness
- Ensure delivery of quality benefits