TAP Applications for Fall 2014
Due to the transition to GMS Finacials, we will not begin accepting TAP applications for Fall 2014 or later semesters until July of this year. Click here to learn more.
Hiring in 2014?
You should know that, effective January 1, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and supplemental life insurance benefits for those hired into a benefits-eligible position will take effect on the first of the month following - or coinciding with - their date of hire or eligibility date. This change is for the electable benefits only (the benefits you sign up for in GMS when you first become eligible or during open enrollment). Basic life insurance, basic AD&D, short term disability, long term disability, and retirement will remain effective on date of hire eligibility.
2014 Benefit Resources
- 2014 Interactive Benefits Guide
- 2014 Insurance Premiums
- New medical plan option: CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage CDHP with HSA (a high deductible health plan, with a tax-advantaged medical savings account)
- Plan Comparison Charts (medical, dental, vision)
- Fall 2013 Benefits Newsletter
Contact the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits at:
New Employees should attend a Benefits Orienation session prior to making benefits selections in GMS. Orientations are held every Tuesday at 9 am on the Ground Floor of Healy Hall. Visit the New Employees section of our website for more information and to register.
The Aetna Open Choice PPO medical plan will no longer be offered in 2014. For more information, click here.
A free benefit for all eligible faculty, staff and their dependent children (age 18 or older) through Health Advocate. Work one-on-one with a live, professional health coach assigned specifically to you or register for a self-paced online health coaching program that will kick your wellness goals into high gear! Call 1-866-695-8622 or visit www.HealthAdvocate.com/georgetown.
Starting in January 2014, ConnectYourCare will be the new administrator of Health Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), Dependent Care Accounts and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs). 2013 FSA claims will still be submitted to Colonial HealthCare, Inc. For more details click HERE.
- Health Advcoate Member Newsletter
- 403 (b) Participant Disclosure Notice (Updated July 2013)
- GUAdvantage Featured Discounts
- Upcoming One-on-One Retirement Planning Consultations
- 2013-14 Holiday Calendar
- GUWellness Blog
Our Commitment to You: Choice, Access, Service
The Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits (OFSB) is a service-oriented team that provides the global Georgetown community and their families with benefits. We uphold the mission of Georgetown University by promoting a productive workforce, offering varied benefits choices, easy access to information, and excellent service in order to meet the individual needs of our community. By doing this, we believe in serving the whole person.
We will strive to:
- Maintain, create and enhance benefit plans that serve our community
- Empower staff and faculty by seeking their input and honoring their needs
- Deliver our programs with the highest level of service, fiscal responsibility and compliance using best practices
- Educate our community about how to maximize benefits
- Provide benefits that deliver physical, mental and financial wellness
- Ensure delivery of quality benefits
Questions? Please call us at 202-687-2500 or email email@example.com. We look forward to serving you.