Your Benefits at Georgetown University
Open Enrollment has concluded. Please check your final 2014 benefit elections in GMS. Need to make a correction? You can download theinstructions and change form by clicking here. Please fax it 202-687-2389 or bring it to the OFSB by Tuesday, December 17.
Hiring in 2014? You should know that, effective January 1, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and supplemental life insurance benefits for those hired into a benefits-eligible position will take effect on the first of the month following - or coinciding with - their date of hire or eligibility date. This change is for the electable benefits only (the benefits you sign up for in GMS when you first become eligible or during open enrollment). Basic life insurance, basic AD&D, short term disability, long term disability, and retirement will remain effective on date of hire eligibility.
2014 Benefit Resources
- 2014 Interactive Benefits Guide
- 2014 Insurance Premiums
- New medical plan option: CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage CDHP with HSA (a high deductible health plan, with a tax-advantaged medical savings account)
- Plan Comparison Charts (medical, dental, vision)
- Fall 2013 Benefits Newsletter
Contact the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits at 202-687-2500 or at email@example.com. Benefits Orienations are held every Tuesday at 9 am on the Ground Floor of Healy Hall.
The Aetna Open Choice PPO medical plan will no longer be offered in 2014. For more information, click here.
A free benefit for all eligible faculty, staff and their dependent children (age 18 or older) through Health Advocate. Work one-on-one with a live, professional health coach assigned specifically to you or register for a self-paced online health coaching program that will kick your wellness goals into high gear! Call 1-866-695-8622 or visit www.HealthAdvocate.com/georgetown.
Starting in January 2014, ConnectYourCare will be the new administrator of Health Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), Dependent Care Accounts and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs). 2013 FSA claims will still be submitted to Colonial HealthCare, Inc. For more details click HERE.
2013 Benefits Resources
- 2013 Interactive Benefits Guide
- 2013 Insurance Premiums
- Summaries of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) -
This year, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) requires that you receive a Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) to help you better understand and evaluate your health plan choices. You can download a copy from this website or contact the OFSB at 202-687-2500 and request your free copy.
- Decision Support
- Plan Comparison Charts (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Benefits Directory
- Benefit Highlights for members of SEIU 1199 United Healthcare Worker's East (en Espanol)
- Benefit Highlights for members of SEIU (English)
- Health Advcoate Member Newsletter
- 403 (b) Participant Disclosure Notice (Updated July 2013)
- GUAdvantage Featured Discounts
- Upcoming One-on-One Retirement Planning Consultations
- 2013-14 Holiday Calendar
- GUWellness Blog
Our Commitment to You: Choice, Access, Service
The Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits (OFSB) is a service-oriented team that provides the global Georgetown community and their families with benefits. We uphold the mission of Georgetown University by promoting a productive workforce, offering varied benefits choices, easy access to information, and excellent service in order to meet the individual needs of our community. By doing this, we believe in serving the whole person.
We will strive to:
- Maintain, create and enhance benefit plans that serve our community
- Empower staff and faculty by seeking their input and honoring their needs
- Deliver our programs with the highest level of service, fiscal responsibility and compliance using best practices
- Educate our community about how to maximize benefits
- Provide benefits that deliver physical, mental and financial wellness
- Ensure delivery of quality benefits
Questions? Please call us at 202-687-2500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to serving you.
- Dec 11, 9:30am-11am: Retirement Orientation
- Dec 11, 1pm-2pm: Mind-Body Connections: Forgiveness
- Dec 12, 12pm-1pm: CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage CDHP with HSA Presentation