New Life and Long Term Care Insurance Program through Transamerica
From March 20 - May 19, eligible employees will have the opportunity to enroll in TransElite, a life insurance and long-term care under one Universal Life insurance policy now being offered through Transamerica Life Insurance Company. Check your Georgetown email for details about this special enrollment offer. Want more information? You may call our partners at The Todd Benefits Group to speak with a Personal Benefit Specialist directly at 1-888-310-8633 for enrollment assistance and for help in making an informed decision about your coverage preferences.
IRS Form 1095-C NOW Availble in GMS
Last year, IRS Form 1095 was introduced in order to determine whether you or your employer may have to pay a fine for failing to comply with the Affordable Care Act by not having healthcare coverage. This reporting form is currently required by federal law for eligible US citizens and qualifying employees and it contains information you can use in filing your taxes in 2016. Form 1095 is submitted to the IRS directly by your employer or insurer. You do not have to submit a copy of the form to the IRS. However, it is recommended that you always keep a copy of each Form 1095 for your files, just in case you need to reference them in the future. If you were eligible for medical insurance through Georgetown University in 2016 you will soon receive a paper copy at your home address; current employees may also download a copy in GMS. If you are a former employee, you may request a copy of your 1095-C by completing this form.
You can learn more about Form 1095 by viewing this helpful video!
- 2017 Interactive Benefits Guide
- 2016 Fall Benefits Newsletter
- 2017 Insurance Premiums
- Plan Comparison Charts (medical, dental, vision) (2017)
- Georgetown University Welfare and Fringe Benefits Summary Plan Description
- One on One Financial Counseling from Fidelity, TIAA-CREF and Vanguard (updated for Winter/Spring 2017)
- Open Enrollment Kit (2017)
- Open Enrollment Video Postcard (2017)
- Important Benefit Highlights & Information for SEIU members
- MetLife Voluntary Benefits Overview & Videos
- Navigating Your High Deductible Health Plan & HSA (webinar recording)
- Navigating Your High Deductible Health Plan & HSA (PowerPoint)
Georgetown’s Mobile app is the University’s platform for delivering mobile services to it’s students, faculty and staff. In addition to checking when the next GUTS bus will arrive, perusing the University's events calendar and checking on menus for on-campus dining; you can now connect directly to Benefits information and GMS. Get more information and download the App today!
Hiring? Be aware of when benefits take effect!
Medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, voluntary and supplemental life insurance benefits for those hired into a benefits-eligible position take effect on the first of the month following their date of hire, or eligibility, date. The only exception to this would be if an employee is hired on the first of the month, in those cases benefits would go into effect on that date. This applies to electable benefits only (the benefits you sign up for in GMS when you first become eligible or during open enrollment). Basic life insurance, basic AD&D, short term disability, long term disability, and retirement are effective on date of hire eligibility.
DC WAGE THEFT PREVENTION ACT NOTICE
You may have noticed a request in your GMS Inbox asking you to validate and acknowledge your pay and employment. The new DC Wage Theft Prevention Act requires employers to provide you with certain information regarding your wages. Please review the information, click the box next to I Acknowledge, and click Submit.
Contact the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits at:
New Employees should attend a Benefits Orientation session prior to making benefits selections in GMS. Orientations are held every Tuesday at 9 am. Visit the New Employees section of our website for more information and to register.
- Health Advocate Member Newsletter
- GUAdvantage Featured Discounts
- 2016-17 Holiday Calendar
- GUWellness Blog
Our Commitment to You: Choice, Access, Service
The Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits (OFSB) is a service-oriented team that provides the global Georgetown community and their families with benefits. We uphold the mission of Georgetown University by promoting a productive workforce, offering varied benefits choices, easy access to information, and excellent service in order to meet the individual needs of our community. By doing this, we believe in serving the whole person.
We will strive to:
- Maintain, create and enhance benefit plans that serve our community
- Empower staff and faculty by seeking their input and honoring their needs
- Deliver our programs with the highest level of service, fiscal responsibility and compliance using best practices
- Educate our community about how to maximize benefits
- Provide benefits that deliver physical, mental and financial wellness
- Ensure delivery of quality benefits