Georgetown University Retirement Plan (GURP) Transition
We encourage employees who have been impacted by the Georgetown University Retirement Plan (GURP) transition to meet with a 403(b) Financial Consultant to better understand the benefits available and actions required by you. View the schedule and register for your individual appointment here. Please refer to the GURP transition notice you received in the mail or contact our office at (202)-687-2500 or firstname.lastname@example.org, for complete details on your benefits. Please Note: If you are a former GURP participant who opted to move to the Defined Contribution 403(b) Retirement Plan during the 2008 Retirement Choice period, your benefits are not impacted by this transition.
2014/15 Benefit Resources
- 2015 Interactive Benefits Guide
- 2014 Interactive Benefits Guide
- 2015 Insurance Premiums
- 2014 Insurance Premiums
- Consider a new medical plan option: CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage CDHP with HSA
- Plan Comparison Charts (medical, dental, vision)
Hiring? Be aware of when benefits take effect!
You should know by now that, effective January 1, 2014, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, voluntary and supplemental life insurance benefits for those hired into a benefits-eligible position take effect on the first of the month following their date of hire, or eligibility, date. The only exception to this would be if an employee is hired on the first of the month, in those cases benefits would go into effect on that date. This applies to electable benefits only (the benefits you sign up for in GMS when you first become eligible or during open enrollment). Basic life insurance, basic AD&D, short term disability, long term disability, and retirement are effective on date of hire eligibility.
Contact the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits at:
New Employees should attend a Benefits Orientation session prior to making benefits selections in GMS. Orientations are held every Tuesday at 9 am on the Ground Floor of Healy Hall. Visit the New Employees section of our website for more information and to register.
- Voluntary Benefits from MetLife. Sign up during Open Enrollment.
More information available at www.beneplace.com/georgetown, click on "Insurance"
- Health Advcoate Member Newsletter
- GUAdvantage Featured Discounts
- Upcoming One-on-One Retirement Planning Consultations
- 2014-15 Holiday Calendar
- GUWellness Blog
Our Commitment to You: Choice, Access, Service
The Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits (OFSB) is a service-oriented team that provides the global Georgetown community and their families with benefits. We uphold the mission of Georgetown University by promoting a productive workforce, offering varied benefits choices, easy access to information, and excellent service in order to meet the individual needs of our community. By doing this, we believe in serving the whole person.
We will strive to:
- Maintain, create and enhance benefit plans that serve our community
- Empower staff and faculty by seeking their input and honoring their needs
- Deliver our programs with the highest level of service, fiscal responsibility and compliance using best practices
- Educate our community about how to maximize benefits
- Provide benefits that deliver physical, mental and financial wellness
- Ensure delivery of quality benefits