Open Enrollment has ended
Thank you for another great open enrollment season. If you haven't already, now is a great time to log in to GMS and double check the 2017 benefit elections that you made during Open Enrollment. To do so, follow these instructions:
1. Log in to GMS at http://gms.georgetown.edu
2. Select the Benefits (heart) icon
3. Under the View menu, select the link titled Benefits Elections of Date
4. On the next screen, enter 01/01/2017 in the View As Of field
5. Select OK
6. The next screen will display all of your benefits, including any 403 (b) retirement contributions, along with the assoiciated costs per pay period.
Please review the information carefully. If GMS contains any errors or is missing any dependent information, please make corrections using the 2017 Enrollment Correction Form (be sure to sign and complete the Authorization Section) and fax to the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits at 202-687-2389 no later than Monday, December 12.
- 2017 Interactive Benefits Guide
- 2016 Fall Benefits Newsletter
- 2016 Interactive Benefits Guide
- 2017 Insurance Premiums
- 2016 Insurance Premiums
- Plan Comparison Charts (medical, dental, vision) (2017)
- Georgetown University Welfare and Fringe Benefits Summary Plan Description
- One on One Financial Counseling from Fidelity, TIAA-CREF and Vanguard (updated for Fall 2016)
- Open Enrollment Kit (Mailing sent to homes 10/11)
- Open Enrollment Video Postcard
- Important Benefit Highlights & Information for SEIU members
- MetLife Voluntary Benefits Overview & Videos
- Navigating Your High Deductible Health Plan & HSA (webinar recording)
- Navigating Your High Deductible Health Plan & HSA (PowerPoint)
Georgetown’s Mobile app is the University’s platform for delivering mobile services to it’s students, faculty and staff. In addition to checking when the next GUTS bus will arrive, perusing the University's events calendar and checking on menus for on-campus dining; you can now connect directly to Benefits information and GMS. Get more information and download the App today!
Hiring? Be aware of when benefits take effect!
Medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, voluntary and supplemental life insurance benefits for those hired into a benefits-eligible position take effect on the first of the month following their date of hire, or eligibility, date. The only exception to this would be if an employee is hired on the first of the month, in those cases benefits would go into effect on that date. This applies to electable benefits only (the benefits you sign up for in GMS when you first become eligible or during open enrollment). Basic life insurance, basic AD&D, short term disability, long term disability, and retirement are effective on date of hire eligibility.
DC WAGE THEFT PREVENTION ACT NOTICE
You may have noticed a request in your GMS Inbox asking you to validate and acknowledge your pay and employment. The new DC Wage Theft Prevention Act requires employers to provide you with certain information regarding your wages. Please review the information, click the box next to I Acknowledge, and click Submit.
Contact the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits at:
New Employees should attend a Benefits Orientation session prior to making benefits selections in GMS. Orientations are held every Tuesday at 9 am. Visit the New Employees section of our website for more information and to register.
- Health Advocate Member Newsletter
- GUAdvantage Featured Discounts
- 2016-17 Holiday Calendar
- GUWellness Blog
Our Commitment to You: Choice, Access, Service
The Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits (OFSB) is a service-oriented team that provides the global Georgetown community and their families with benefits. We uphold the mission of Georgetown University by promoting a productive workforce, offering varied benefits choices, easy access to information, and excellent service in order to meet the individual needs of our community. By doing this, we believe in serving the whole person.
We will strive to:
- Maintain, create and enhance benefit plans that serve our community
- Empower staff and faculty by seeking their input and honoring their needs
- Deliver our programs with the highest level of service, fiscal responsibility and compliance using best practices
- Educate our community about how to maximize benefits
- Provide benefits that deliver physical, mental and financial wellness
- Ensure delivery of quality benefits