One-on-One Appointments with Fidelity, TIAA and Vanguard are available!
The start of the new year is a great time to schedule a retirement savings check up with a financial consultant from your retirement plan investment company. You can schedule an appointment to meet with a representative on campus or by phone. You can view the available appointment dates and contact information here.
Changes to the 403(b) and 457(b) fund lineup went into effect on Tuesday, January 9. You can learn more about the change and access the Transition Guide here. Missed the information meetings about this change? You can view the PowerPoint slides here.
Summary Annual Reports for Calendar Year 2016
These reports include such information as an explanation of plan expenses, employee and employer contributions, and how you can obtain additional information about the plan. It is your legal right as a participant to know this information about your benefits. This information is being provided in compliance with the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) rules. No action is required on your part. Access the report here.
- 2018 Interactive Benefits Guide
- 2018 Insurance Premiums
- Plan Comparison Charts (medical, dental, vision) (2017)
- Georgetown University Welfare and Fringe Benefits Summary Plan Description
- One on One Financial Counseling from Fidelity, TIAA-CREF and Vanguard
- MetLife Voluntary Benefits Overview & Videos
- Navigating Your High Deductible Health Plan & HSA (webinar recording)
- Navigating Your High Deductible Health Plan & HSA (PowerPoint)
Now....what did I sign up for? How to check your 2018 benefit elections in GMS:
1. Log in to http://gms.georgetown.edu with your NetID and password
2. Once logged in, select the Benefits icon
3. Under the View menu, select the link titled "Benefit Elections as of Date"
4. On the next screen, enter 01/01/2018 in the "View As Of" field
5. Select "Okay"
6. The next screen will display all of your benefits, including any 403(b) retirement contributions, along with the associated costs per pay period
Georgetown’s Mobile app is the University’s platform for delivering mobile services to it’s students, faculty and staff. In addition to checking when the next GUTS bus will arrive, perusing the University's events calendar and checking on menus for on-campus dining; you can now connect directly to Benefits information and GMS. Get more information and download the App today!
Hiring? Be aware of when benefits take effect!
Medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, voluntary and supplemental life insurance benefits for those hired into a benefits-eligible position take effect on the first of the month following their date of hire, or eligibility, date. The only exception to this would be if an employee is hired on the first of the month, in those cases benefits would go into effect on that date. This applies to electable benefits only (the benefits you sign up for in GMS when you first become eligible or during open enrollment). Basic life insurance, basic AD&D, short term disability, long term disability, and certain retirement benefits are effective on date of hire eligibility.
DC WAGE THEFT PREVENTION ACT NOTICE
You may have noticed a request in your GMS Inbox asking you to validate and acknowledge your pay and employment. The new DC Wage Theft Prevention Act requires employers to provide you with certain information regarding your wages. Please review the information, click the box next to I Acknowledge, and click Submit.
Contact the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits at:
New Employees should attend a Benefits Orientation session prior to making benefits selections in GMS. Orientations are held every Tuesday at 9 am. Visit the New Employees section of our website for more information and to register.
- Health Advocate Member Newsletter
- GUAdvantage Featured Discounts
- 2017-18 Holiday Calendar
- GUWellness Blog
Our Commitment to You: Choice, Access, Service
The Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits (OFSB) is a service-oriented team that provides the global Georgetown community and their families with benefits. We uphold the mission of Georgetown University by promoting a productive workforce, offering varied benefits choices, easy access to information, and excellent service in order to meet the individual needs of our community. By doing this, we believe in serving the whole person.
We will strive to:
- Maintain, create and enhance benefit plans that serve our community
- Empower staff and faculty by seeking their input and honoring their needs
- Deliver our programs with the highest level of service, fiscal responsibility and compliance using best practices
- Educate our community about how to maximize benefits
- Provide benefits that deliver physical, mental and financial wellness
- Ensure delivery of quality benefits