Benefits Open Enrollment for 2020
You can select and make changes to your 2020 benefits in GMS (http://gms.georgetown.edu) from October 15 through 10 p.m. on November 15, 2019.
Open Enrollment is the time when you can enroll in, or make changes to, your medical, dental, vision, supplemental life, FSA, HSA and select voluntary benefits for upcoming calendar year. Take some time to review your Open Enrollment Kit, peruse the website, schedule a one-on-one consultation, or attend a GUWellness Fair where representatives from all the benefit plans will be available to answer your questions.
What you need to know for 2020
- 2020 Interactive Benefits Guide (new window)
- View 2020 Insurance Premiums
- Compare medical plans and premium costs (new window) (pdf)
- Quick guide to making your OE selections in GMS (pdf)
- Kaiser High Deductible Health Plan with Health Savings Account: The Kaiser HDHP 3 Signature, introduced in 2019, is for those employees who love the quality and convenience of the Kaiser HMO but who also want the tax benefits of a health savings account. Learn more about Kaiser HDHP.
- Attention members of 1199SEIU! Here’s your 2020 Open Enrollment Highlights Kit. (This was mailed to your home address.) Click below to view:
- If you wish to participate in a Flexible Spending Account (Health Care or Dependent Daycare), you must enroll every year. You may elect up to $2,700* for Health Care FSA and $5,000 (per household) for Dependent Daycare FSA.
*This was the 2019 maximum, the IRS has yet to release the 2020 limit.
- If you don’t plan to participate in an FSA or an HSA and don’t need to make any changes to your benefits for 2020, you need not take any action. Your premiums will automatically adjust.
- If you elected or made changes to your Supplemental or Spouse Life Insurance during this Open Enrollment, you will receive an email from MetLife at the conclusion of Open Enrollment directing you to an online statement of health form. You must complete MetLife’s statement of health form before your request for coverage can be considered and approved.
- Make sure that you finalize and submit your changes! In order to complete your election process, it is important that you provide your Electronic Signature by clicking the “I Accept” box and submit your selections in the “Open Enrollment Change Event”. If don’t, your selections will not be submitted.
Changing Your Elections
You can make changes to your Open Enrollment elections any time until 10 p.m. on November 15, even after you’ve submitted them. Just log in to gms.georgetown.edu and click on the Benefits icon, then click the Change Open Enrollment button to open your elections again. The last submitted election will take effect on January 1, 2020.
One-on-One Open Enrollment Sessions (30 minute slots available)
Need help making your elections in GMS? Have questions about medical plan options or other benefits? You may also contact our office at 202-687-2500 or email email@example.com with your benefits questions.
GUWellness (and Benefits!) Fairs
Come get your free flu shot and seated massage. As always, the big fair at Yates Field House will feature plenty of resources for being healthier at work, home and play, including health screenings. Benefits representatives from GU and our many benefit providers will be on hand to help you with any questions you have.
- 10/16 (School of Continuing Studies, Downtown Campus, 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.)
- 10/18 (Bone Marrow Donor Program, Rockville, 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.)
- 10/23 (2115 Wisconsin Ave, NW, Suite 601, 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. This event will have benefit plan information and representatives. Flu shots, seated massages and screenings offered separately.)
- 11/1 (Yates Field House, 11:00 a.m. – 2 p.m.)
- 11/11 (Law Center, 12th Floor Gewirz, 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.)
Benefits Q&A with Charles DeSantis, Chief Benefits Officer
Join Charles from your computer for one or more of these weekly Zoom Q&A sessions being held from 3 – 4 p.m. every Tuesday throughout Open Enrollment:
October 15 – Open Enrollment Overview & GMS Refresher
October 22 – Medical (and Pharmacy) Plan Madness:
HDHP, CDHP, POS, HMO, HSA, Rx…omg!
October 29 – Worth a look! Voluntary Benefits
November 5 – Open Enrollment Overview & GMS Refresher
November 12 – Medical (and Pharmacy) Plan Madness:
HDHP, CDHP, POS, HMO, HSA, Rx…omg!