Grandfathering provisions for Employee TAP changes effective July 1, 2020
We realize that many employees are currently enrolled, or accepted enrollment for fall 2020, in degree programs. TAP benefit provisions prior to July 1, 2020 will remain in effect, in relevant part, for the following employees as described below:
Employee Enrollment in Georgetown Degree Programs
- For employees currently enrolled in degree programs at Georgetown University and already receiving TAP benefits, the benefits will remain 100% of the GU tuition charged for the duration of your degree program, and the two-year service requirement is waived. However, the six credit hour per semester TAP limitation will apply beginning with the fall 2020 semester.
- Employees who have accepted an offer of admission before July 1, 2020 to a degree program at Georgetown University and will have achieved one full year of continuous, eligible service as of August 26, 2020, will be eligible for Employee TAP benefits, subject to all other terms effective on that date. For these employees, the benefit will be 90% of the GU tuition charged. They will be responsible for paying 10% of the GU tuition. A six credit hour per semester TAP limitation will apply.
Employee Enrollment in Degree Programs at Outside Institutions
- Employees currently enrolled in degree programs at outside institutions and currently receiving TAP benefits may continue to use TAP benefits for the duration of their enrollment in the program, subject to the pre-July 1, 2020 terms.
- Employees who have accepted an offer of admission by July 1, 2020 to a degree program at an outside institution for fall 2020, and will have achieved three years of continuous, eligible service as of August 26, 2020, may use TAP benefits for the duration of that program, subject to the pre-July 1, 2020 terms.
- TAP benefits will no longer be available for non-degree enrollment at outside institutions.