Fall 2023 Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)
Posted in Announcements | Tagged TAP, Tuition
Students enrolled at Georgetown University must submit TAP applications by August 1, 2023. Applications for children at outside schools are accepted on a rolling basis. See chart below for details.
If you are planning to apply for TAP benefits for the Fall 2023 semester, please review these important reminders and deadlines:
- An online TAP application is required for every semester in which you intend to utilize TAP benefits for yourself or your eligible dependent. All required supporting documentation must be uploaded directly into the TAP application (emails are no longer accepted).
- Employee TAP benefits cover 90% of tuition costs (no fees). Benefits cover up to six credit hours per semester* for classes taken at Georgetown University. For degree programs that require more than six (6) credit hours in a given semester, as specified by the program’s official curriculum structure, the University may grant an exception to this limitation.
- We receive and process a high volume of TAP applications and review them in the order received. Tuition benefit payments for non-Georgetown institutions can take up to six weeks to be disbursed by Georgetown and received by your school. We cannot guarantee receipt of the TAP benefit payment by a specific due date and TAP benefits do not cover late fees.
- TAP benefits for graduate-level courses are automatically taxable to you. Please refer to our Tuition Tax Facts for further details. Fall 2023 requests for tax-exempt review must be received no later than August 1, 2023. Requests received after that date will be reviewed in the order received, however the determination will be communicated after the start of the semester.
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Fall 2023 Application Submission Deadlines
|TAP Online Application||Submission Deadline||TAP Benefit Processed by GU|
|Georgetown University degree enrollment |
(eligible employees & children)
Required documentation for initial TAP application:
– Acceptance Letter
– Birth Certificate copy (child)
No documents required for repeat recipients.
|Tuesday, August 1, 2023 – FOR GU-ENROLLED STUDENTS. Applications received after this date applications are still being accepted but we cannot guarantee that the benefit will be posted by August 18.||August 18 (GU’s payment due date)|
|Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies (SCS) Non-Credit Certificate Programs||Rolling – submit after enrolling in a certificate program||Rolling – processed every Thursday|
|Outside Schools |
(children and eligible legacy employees)
– Itemized Tuition Statement
For initial TAP application for children:
– Birth Certificate copy
– Acceptance Letter copy
|Rolling – submit as soon as you receive your tuition statement||Rolling – processed in the order received|